Increase Your Blog’s Visibility Right Now
Almost every brand has a blog, and in today’s web-centric business environment it is hard to imagine things being any other way!
Blogs are so important because they perform a number of essential functions such as providing an outlet for publishing new content (which is marvelous for SEO and from a general marketing perspective), a place for customers and prospects to leave feedback, and a general way to engage with a brand without necessarily doing so “in public” i.e. social media or a third-party review site.
The Importance of Blog Visibility
Your brand can have the most wonderful blog on the internet, but if no one can find it, then all of your content will simply be collecting dust with no one to appreciate it. In order to bring people to your blog, you need to do a little bit of research and then put that research to good use along with a few of the other helpful hints we’ve collected for you below!
- Know who your community is – Or in other words, be aware of the people that make up your target audience. How old are they? What are their incomes like? How many of each gender are represented? Where do they live?
- Know where your community is – In this case, “where” refers to a location online, such as a social network like Facebook. Social networks, forums, message boards, and even other blogs are all places that you will want to observe to see what percentage of your audience gathers there.
- Do your part for your community – Whomever they are, and wherever they gather, your task as a brand is to do what you can to strengthen your community and help it to thrive. This can be done in many ways, so use your imagination and find a way that you can contribute while enhancing your brand’s reputation and giving a subtle endorsement of your blog.
- Make your content easy to share – Did you know that some blogs still do not have any social sharing buttons or links on their post pages? It fairly boggles the mind! Having content that is easy to share is one of the best ways to increase the visibility of your blog. If your audience can pass along your information to their connections, then people who might have never otherwise known about your blog have an opportunity to pay it a visit.
- Register to become a Google Author – Google Authorship is a big trust signal as far as Google is concerned; being a Google Author indicates that you regularly produce useful high-quality content. When your blog appears in search results after you have become a Google Author, a thumbnail image of your Google Plus avatar will appear next to a snippet of your post. Click-through rates for these picture / snippet combinations so far have been very promising indeed!
A steady stream of high-quality content is essential for the success of any blog, so don’t neglect the quality of your posts or your posting schedule in pursuit of increased visibility!
Out of these tips we’ve mentioned today, which one do you think has the best chance of increasing a blog’s visibility?